Why Consider the St Lucia Citizenship-by-Investment Programme?
A mountainous gem in the Caribbean
St Lucia is a country rich in history, heavily influenced by the native Carib people, Africans, the British and the French.
With colossal mountainous regions and sparkling beaches, it’s one of the most stunning Caribbean islands.
St Lucia is a member of the United Nations, CARICOM, OECS and the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union (ECCU), with a regional currency (East Caribbean Dollar, XCD) which is pegged to the US Dollar.
An educated workforce and improvements in roads, communications, water supply, sewerage, and port facilities have attracted foreign investment in not only citizenship but also tourism, petroleum storage and transhipment.
St Lucia has been able to attract foreign business and investment, especially in its offshore banking and tourism industries, which is St Lucia’s main source of revenue.
St Lucia Citizenship-By-Investment Programme Requirements
To successfully apply for the St Lucia citizenship-by-investment programme, applicants must fulfil ONE of the following investment options:
Make a non-refundable contribution to the National Economic Fund (NEF), as follows:
- Single applicant: US $100,000.
- Main applicant and spouse: US $140,000.
- Main applicant, spouse and up to two other qualifying dependents: US $150,000.
- Each additional qualifying dependent of any age: US $25,000.
Purchase of non-interest bearing Government Bonds:
- US $250,000 — single applicant for a five-year investment term
- US $250,000 — main applicant and spouse for a six-year investment term
- US $250,000 — a family of up to four for a seven-year investment term
- US $300,000 — a family of up to four for a five-year investment term
Each additional dependent over 4 is US $15,000
Government processing fees:
- US $2,000 for the main applicant.
- US $1,000 for each qualifying dependent.
Purchase an approved real estate development with a minimum value of US $300,000, which must be held for a minimum period of five years.
Government administration fees apply to these investment options:
- Main applicant: US$30,000.
- Applicant + Spouse: US$45,000.
- Dependent under 18 years: US$5,000.
- Dependent 18 years and older: US$10,000.
To apply for the St Lucia Citizenship-by-Investment programme, the main applicant and any dependents must have a clean personal background with no criminal record and not be under any criminal investigation (other than a minor offence).
A person that is deemed a potential security risk or who is or has been involved in any activity that is likely to bring disrepute to St Lucia shall not be approved for citizenship.
To find out more about the St Lucia citizenship programme, visit the official government website.
St Lucia Citizenship Application Process
The St Lucia citizenship application process is as follows:
Initial Latitude due diligence.
Sign client agreement, complete government forms and provide supporting documentation.
Application submitted. Government process and complete due diligence.
On approval, government contribution is made, bonds purchased or real estate completed. Passports are issued.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can apply for the St Lucia Citizenship-by-Investment programme?
To be considered for a St Lucia passport, you must be of outstanding character, have a clean criminal record and have a good bill of health.
As the main applicant, you must also be aged over 18, and possess the minimum donation required.
What are the main St Lucia citizenship benefits?
Alongside St Lucia’s stunning beaches, enviable weather and inviting locals, there are a plethora of other St Lucia citizenship benefits.
Firstly, you will not be liable to pay tax on worldwide income and will have visa-free travel to over 145 countries.
There are no physical residency requirements, no language tests and you can apply from wherever you are in the world. St Lucia recognises dual citizenship, which can be beneficial for business and tax purposes.
The St Lucia citizenship programme also requires the lowest contribution out of the Caribbean programmes for single applicants, with a vast amount of qualifying options available allowing for flexibility and choice.
How long does the process take to gain a St Lucia passport?
You will gain St Lucia citizenship in as little as three to four months, should you qualify and fulfil all requirements.
What is the minimum investment requirement for the St Lucia Citizenship by Investment Programme?
To be successful in your St Lucia citizenship application, you are required to contribute to the country’s economy in one of a variety of ways:
- Donation: You will make a non-refundable donation to the National Economic Fund. This starts at US $100,000 for a single applicant and increases with additional dependents/spouse you include in your application.
- Government Bond Investment: Depending on the size of the family applying for a St Lucia passport, you can invest in non-interest bearing Government Bonds, which must be held for five years. The minimum investment required in US $250,000 and increases according to the number of dependants.
- Real Estate Investment: A minimum investment of US $300,000 in a government approved real estate development. The property must be held for a minimum period of five years.
- Enterprise Project Investment: The applicant also can invest in an approved Enterprise Project with a minimum investment of US $3.5 million, or a joint investment of US $6 million. It is also essential that you create no less than three permanent jobs, or six in relation to a joint investment. An example of approved enterprise projects includes cruise ports and marinas, roads and highways, research facilities and offshore universities.
How many countries will I be able to travel to, visa-free?
The list of St Lucia visa-free countries you will have access to is lengthy.
You will have visa-free travel to 145 countries, including the European Schengen Area, the UK, Singapore, and Hong Kong. This can be incredibly beneficial for those travelling frequently for business.
In order to be approved for St Lucia citizenship, will I need to reside in the country?
Another benefit of the St Lucia citizenship programme is that no physical residency is required to successfully apply. You are also not required to undertake an interview or language test as part of the St Lucia passport application requirements.
Who can be included in my St Lucia citizenship application?
As part of your St Lucia citizenship application, you can include:
- Dependent children under 30
- Dependent siblings of the main applicant, who are under 18
- Dependent parents of the main applicant, who are fully supported by the applicants and are at least 55 years of age
How long will my St Lucia passport be valid for?
Once your citizenship is granted, it is for life.
However, your St Lucia passport is valid for five years, so you will need to renew it when it expires at a small cost.
"I'm proud to have helped hundreds of people and families immigrate and settle all over the world since 1995. I really love the Caribbean, it's a unique and special place which offers a range of options for investors. We provide a personal service and advice, so get in touch and start your journey today!"