Why Consider Citizenship-by-Investment in St Lucia?
A mountainous gem in the Caribbean
St. Lucia is an independent Commonwealth State, having gained independence from the UK on the 22nd of February 1979 – a day celebrated each year with a public holiday. The country’s history has been influenced by the native Carib people, Africans, the British and the French.
St. Lucia is an island in the Lesser Antilles region of the Eastern Caribbean and covers 617 km2. It is one of the Windward Islands and more mountainous than most Caribbean Islands, with the highest point being Mount Gimie at 950 meters above sea level. Two other mountains, the Pitons, form the island’s most famous landmark.
St. Lucia is a member of the United Nations, CARICOM, OECS and the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union (ECCU), with a regional currency (East Caribbean Dollar, XCD) which is pegged to the US Dollar.
An educated workforce and improvements in roads, communications, water supply, sewerage, and port facilities have attracted foreign investment in tourism and in petroleum storage and transshipment. St. Lucia has been able to attract foreign business and investment, especially in its offshore banking and tourism industries, which is Saint Lucia's main source of revenue.
St Lucia Citizenship-By-Investment Requirements
To meet our St Lucia citizenship-by-investment requirements, applicants must fulfil ONE of the following investment options:
Make a non-refundable contribution to the National Economic Fund (NEF), as follows:
- Single applicant: USD $100,000.
- Main applicant and spouse: USD $165,000.
- Main applicant, spouse and up to two other qualifying dependents: USD $190,000.
- Each additional qualifying dependent of any age: USD $25,000.
Invest in one of the following options:
- An approved real estate development with a minimum value of USD $300,000, which must be held for a minimum period of five years.
- An investment in an approved Enterprise Project (as set out in the regulations) with a minimum investment of USD $3.5 million, plus the creation of no less than three permanent jobs, or a joint investment of USD $6 million (each applicant contributing a minimum of USD $1 million), plus the creation of no less than six permanent jobs.
Government administration fees apply to these investment options:
- Main applicant: USD $50,000.
- Spouse: USD $35,000.
- Dependent under 18 years: USD $25,000.
- Dependent 18 years and older: USD $35,000.
Invest in one of the following government bond options:
- $250,000 — single applicant for a five-year investment term.
- $250,000 — main applicant and spouse for a six-year investment term.
- $250,000 — a family of up to four for a seven-year investment term.
- $300,000 — a family of up to four for a five-year investment term.
Due diligence fees:
- USD $7,500 for the main applicant.
- USD $5,000 for each qualifying dependent over 16.
Government processing fees:
- USD $2,000 for the main applicant.
- USD $1,000 for each qualifying dependent.
To apply for the St Lucia citizenship programme, the main applicant and any dependents must have a clean personal background with no criminal record and not be under any criminal investigation (other than in respect of a minor offence).
A person that is deemed a potential security risk or who is or has been involved in any activity that is likely to bring disrepute to St Lucia shall not be approved for citizenship.
To find out more about the St Lucia citizenship programme, visit the official government website.
St Lucia Citizenship Application Process
The St Lucia citizenship application process is as follows:
Initial due diligence.
Sign client agreement, complete government forms and provide supporting documentation.
Application submitted. Government process and complete due diligence.
On approval, government contribution is made, or real estate completed. Passports are issued.
"I'm proud to have helped hundreds of people and families immigrate and settle all over the world since 1995. I really love the Caribbean, it's a unique and special place which offers a range of options for investors. We provide a personal service and advice, so get in touch and start your journey today!"
Thank you for getting in touch. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
There was an error submitting your request. Please ensure you have entered all of the required information and try again.