Antigua and Barbuda CIU Announces Favourable Updates for CIP Real Estate Investors
29 March 2020
On the 9th March, the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU) issued a circular announcing updates to their programme. The changes aim to make the real estate option more attractive for applicants as traditionally the donation option has been the most popular by a significant margin.
The changes are as follows:
- It is now possible for one applicant to qualify by purchasing a whole ownership unit at the $200,000 investment level.
- They have reduced the government processing fees for the real estate option from $50,000 to $30,000 USD for a family of up to four members.
- The CIU has increased processing fees for the National Development Fund Options (donation) from $25,000 to $30,000 for a family with up to 4 members
- Iraq has been removed from the restricted country list.
- The rigorous restrictions remain in place for applicants from Iran, North Korean, Somali, Sudanese, and Yemeni. However, applicants from these restricted countries will now be able to apply if they have been a resident of any other non-restricted country for at least 10 years and have no financial ties to any restricted country.
Latitude is confident that these programme changes will positively impact clients investing in qualifying real estate and further support the local economy.